Error 403 / 500, blank page, ...
Teampass comes with csrfProtector that protects against Cross Site Request Forgery mechanisms. Due to this, you must ensure that your Teampass configuration is consistent between all paths.
In this example, we will assume that Teampass is hosted at
Check the next 2 topics and ensure consistency between the paths you are using.
- Open the
- Fill in the four (4) URL fields with the correct URL the users will use.
Don't use any redirection. Use only the correct URL in those settings. Otherwize csrfProtector will consider this as an inconsistency and will raise an error.
- With a shell, open file
<path to teampass folder>/includes/libraries/csrfp/libs/csrfp.config.php
- Check variable
jsUrl, it must contain the complete URL too.
Users and Folders lists are empty
The symptom is when opening the page
Manage Users or
Manage Folders, the page is shown but the list is empty.
- Server is IIS
- Error identification shows "query string was too long"
maxQueryString config value from 2048 (default) to 4096.
- Open the website in IIS Manager
- Click Configuration Editor
- Browse to the system.webServer/security/requestFiltering section at the top
- Click requestLimits in the table below
- Identify maxQueryString value
Users session expires too early
The sympthom is that user session is automatically closed before the expected delay. The user is redirected to a page that potentially indicates "Hacking attempt ...".
session.gc_maxlifetime config value inside
- Open in edition the file
- Search for variable
session.gc_maxlifetime(in an enchanged php.ini file, the complete line is
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440)
1440corresponds to a session time of 24 minutes.
- As a suggestion, set it to
7200for a 2 hours and adapt to fit the common usage of your users.
- Restart the Apache service.
2 Factors Authentication QR Code picture not visible
The sympthom is that when a user is asking for a 2FA synchronization, the QR code is not displayed.
The reason is that your firewall is blocking Google addresses.
Allow in the firewall direct connectivity to 2 next destinations:
- chart.googleapis.com on port 443
- googleapis.l.google.com on port 443